Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

GOOOOAAAAL!

Since I won the NCAA bracket challenge between Tyler and I, Tyler owed me a date completely paid by him! When I got home from work on Friday I found this on our door...

Then I was sent on a savanger hunt around our house looking for clues.


Finally I found this in our bedroom...
I was really excited. Tyler loved the idea since Real Salt Lake was playing Seattle.

Here is a glympse of our date...


While we were walking to our seats, we saw these crazy people walking around chanting something.

Then we got to our seats and saw these people to our left. They were actually hilarious and got the crowd to chant things during the game. I just don't understand what the smoke was for.

Our view from our seats. The two West Jordan temples. Tyler and I kept saying how awesome it was!

During half time we were surprised that David Archuleta was there! He surpised a "make a wish" kid named Jonah. His wish was to sing with David at a Real Salt Lake game. So they did that at half time. It was so precious! I was gone on my mission when David Archuleta was on American Idol and I have never been a big fan of him, NOW I AM! He is so cute to do that, I actually got a little teary eyed during the performance.



It was an exciting game. It came down to the wire. Tyler and I wanted to beat traffic and so we left our seats a little before the game ended and watch from behind the lower bowl right next to the exit. During the last 4 minutes that they added to the end of the game Real was trying desperately to score and tie the game. Nothing was working. The ball went out of bounds and the referee blew his whistle, we thought the game was over and started leaving, we made it half way down the stairs and the crowd starts roaring! We knew something happened, the we hear the announcer say that they scored so we ran back up the stairs. Apparently the referee was whistling for a corner kick, on the corner kick Real had scored and end the game with a tie. There was literally 15 second left in the game when they scored.

That same day before the game we went to our niece Maggie's baptism in West Jordan, we have been there for almost a year, we last saw that side of the family at our wedding almost 9 months ago, but we haven't made the trek to West Jordan since last summer. Anyways, while we were driving up to the church we saw that there is a new In-n-Out!!! Very close to their house. We really wanted to stop there, but we were really full from the luncheon after the baptism. So we went after the game! We drove up and the drive-thru literally had 12-15 cars! We went inside and there was two girls at the registers waiting. It was so weird the drive-thru was huge and we didn't even wait in a line inside. That was okay with us! What a way to end the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment