Tyler put much thought into his pumpkin.
The final product
I told Tyler just in case people don't think my pumpkin in very
Halloweeny, I made a ghost on the back of my pumpkin.
Thursday my sister had her baby! It was a huge surprise since she was 28 weeks and 2 days along in her pregnency. She was admitted into the hospital on Monday for Preeclampsia. They gave her some medication to help with that and steroid shots to help James grow a little faster. He was born Thursday morning weighing in at 2 lbs 3 oz, and 14 inches long. He is doing a lot better than doctors thought. He is breathing on his own and today he is starting to digest some milk. He just needs to get bigger and stronger. For right now he will be staying in the NICU until his orignal due date which was mid January. Friday we got to go see my sister and Saturday I went to see her again and got to see, touch, and talk with James. All we can do now is hold James' hand, which my sister calls a James hug. He is super precious.
James Prescott Lund sporting his sunglasses.
The picture is kind of blue because of the lights they had on him for the jaudice. But you can see how small he is with my hand in the picture. From one shoulder to other is a little bit bigger than the width of my hand.
James' diaper is the size of my palm, it's the smallest one the hospital
has and in the picture above you can see how it is still big on him.
Sarah and I
Sarah and I...2 years ago!
Later that night after we saw my sister we went out to eat at Tepanyaki for my birthday since Tyler and I will be out of town this next weekend for my birthday. I love the food there! Once I become filthy rich I will have my own Japanese chef to entertain me each meal.


Your pumpkins look great! Did you end up making the paint or using acrylic? I'm thinking we are going to do this with Ben this week. Also, thanks for coming and visiting me and James...he likes his aunt Lucci.
ReplyDeleteWe used acrylic, I was worried if I made the paint it would stay on the pumpkin. We used the cheap foam brushes which were fabulous too!
ReplyDeleteI heard about your sisters baby...that is pretty scary actually. I can't imagine. My twin sister had a baby born at 28 weeks, and he went through a lot of ups and downs at first...glad to hear little James is doing so well. We will keep him in our prayers!!!
ReplyDelete