Tuesday, was my last day at my field work, with the first graders. I loved working the first graders, however, I have learned that I have an even greater desire to work with the upper grades. They were super cute and fun, but I'm not sure I could handle that many 6 and 7 year olds for 9 months out of the year. When we were saying our goodbyes, all the kids were yelling our, "I'm going to miss you Mrs. Hoch!" then from the back of the room you hear little Nathaniel, "I hope you have a good Thanksgiving Dinner!" They always made me laugh.
On Wednesday, Tyler and I finished up some homework that we wanted to get done so we didn't have to worry about it over the weekend. That night I went out and met up with my friends. The four of us have been friends since the 8th grade, now that we are going our seperate ways we try to find time to still hang out and have fun like the good old days. Now 3 missions, 2 weddings, and 1 pregnancy later we had a night to ourselves. It was so much fun to catch up and reminisce.
Me, Bri, Naomi, Tawny (and baby Streeter)
On Friday Tyler, my dad, Moroni, and I all went to Salt Lake and took a Church History tour for ourselves. Our sunday school teacher gave us a map of the Salt Lake City cemetery and where prominent members of the church are buried. We visited the graves of Porter Rockwell, John Taylor, David O. McKay, Wilford Woodruff, Spencer W. Kimball, and President Hinckley to name a few. Then we went to the Church History Museum, Brigham Young's House, and walked around temple square to see the lights. It was a fun filled day!
There was a monument in memory of Hyrum Smith.
President and Sister Hickley's Grave
The Kimball's Grave
Camilla Eyring Kimball, who my middle name is named after.
A replica of the conference center pulpit, it's huge!
Tyler giving his future conference talk.
The light were wonderful!
Saturday was probably my favorite day of all of them! We got to go to the temple and see the lady that was my first baptism on my mission go through and get her endownments. It felt like I was going through for the first time too, I was so excited! Tyler and I were asked to be the witness couple, so I got to sit by her too! It was at the Mount Timpanogus Temple which was the temple I went through for my endownments and were Tyler and I were sealed, I thought that was so cool!
April 12, 2008 Andrea's Baptism
November 27, 2010


Hey, can I get a copy of that map? Looks like a fun week!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a wonderful time Lucci! Good for you guys! I am totally blow away by that replica of the conference center pulpit! Holy cow! It really puts into perspective how tall some of the church's leaders are. I'm sure that like you, I'd be tiny behind that thing.
ReplyDelete