Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Portugal Week 1

After leaving London, we headed down to Portugal. It was a surreal moment when we steped into the airport that we were in 3-4 years ago, leaving as missionaries, and now we are tourists. It was crazy. We visited my areas first (the northern part of our mission). We visited Braga, Maia/Porto, and Gaia. Gaia was actually the area  that Tyler and I both served in and where we met a missionaries.


Landing in  Porto. It was nice to see the red roof tops again.

Tyler was so excited to buy Guarana at the airport.
After words he realized it's the same one that we have here in the US.

BRAGA:

Hanging out in Braga, with by bestest friend, after mission curfew.
It felt so weird to see the city so dark.

A garden in dowtown Braga.

The view of Braga from Bom Jesus.

Bom Jesus.
A classic missionary picture from Braga.

Our VIP tour of Braga Stadium, thanks to Felicia!

Guimaraes, my last mission area,
and now aparently the Culture Capital of Europe.

Castle of Guimaraes, a few schools on a field trip.
Too bad we don't have castles we can visit on field trips here.

Outside the Castle

Junior and Joana the Newlyweds.
Joana is a recent convert that I taught many time in Braga.
One of the sweetest people I know!

Nadine and I waiting for a play to start.
Nadine worked alot with the sisters in Porto.

Familia Dias, our home away from home for 3 days.
The best food and company of Portugal.

GAIA:

Pastel de Natas, the BEST pastry in the world!
No joke, I probably had 10 while in portugal.

Tyler's favorite pastry.

Our old missionary apartment in Gaia.


Pons...one of the weirdest, and funniest member of Gaia.

The Golden Girls of the ward.
Celeste with the red scarf is the oldest and longest member of the ward.
She remindes you every time you talk with her. :)
I had the most fun lessons in her house.

Familia Ribeiro. Cutest boys ever!


MAIA/PORTO:

Familia Silva.
This family is the strongest, and humblest family I ever met on the mission.

Familia Filipe.
These boys were shorter than me when I was in Porto, crazy!
The mom was the Relief Society Pres. when I served in their ward.

The oh so famous subway stop for zone conference.
Next stop...Combatentes, we heard way too many times during our mission.

The mission office.
We had some awesome interviews with President Henry here,
and learn many life lessons from Elder French here too.

The Mission Home.
A great place to have your first and last night in Portugal.

If Tyler had his wish we would visit every soccer stadium we could,
after seeing Chelsea and Porto I was done. :)

A view of Porto from Gaia.

Porto Bridge designed by the same man that did the Eiffel Tower.

When we left for the southern part of the mission, we had to stop at the metro stop, that we have a picture together as missionaries. I thought my companion wanted to say goodbye to Tyler because they had served together in another area. But come to find out, Tyler planned it so that he could see me again before he came home.

2008

2012


No comments:

Post a Comment