We were there right at the end of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. It was amazing. At first we were going to stay away from downtown and avoid the crowds, but we really wanted to see the Royals. I ended up being able to see all the royals except the Queen. It was so cool! We visited all the amazing places in downtown London and some of the famous places a little further out. I would love to go back again and visit more the countryside. But it was definately a fabulous adventure.
Our first stop off the plane was the Chelsea Stadium, with our bags and all. It sure was fun (not!) carrying our bags up all the stadium stairs. But, we had to wait until we could check into the hotel.
After a stop at the hotel, we were off to Downtown London...
Big Ben
Buckingham Palace as they are taking down he stage from the Queen's Concert.
We traveled to Hogwarts.
We tried to find Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant in Notting Hill.
Throughout our whole stay we heard the recording
on the "tube" remind us to MIND THE GAP. Tyler and I
got really good at saying it with a British accent.
The view of London from the Eye.
Piccadilly Square
sidenote: the whole time we were there and the rest of the day I had One Republic's "The Good Life" song stuck in my head, you know the one...Woke up in London yesterday, Found myself in the city near Piccadilly.
We went to the free section of Ripley's,
since it was almost 30 pounds EACH, to go in!
The Beatles made out of stamps.
Me standing next to the tallest man in the world.
I'm the same height as his cane, now that's just sad!
Searching for Royals!
The crowds were huge, but british people are hilarious. Maybe it's the accent. I loved seeing and hearing the little girls' reaction to the Royals. Especially when the Dutchess came around. Tyler had to put me on his shoulders so I could see the happenings on the street. Such a nice guy, that Tyler.
I took a video of the precession, however, I was so super excited to see a real life princess that I forgot I was recording, and it didn't turn out too good. But it is forever burned in my mind. If that helps any of you. :)
The home of the Royal Wedding.
Westminster Abbey.
One of the greatest places we've ever visited.
The side where Kate entered for the wedding.
This truly saved our lives in more than one occasion!
They are so accommodating to us foreigners.
St. Paul's Cathedral.
The home of the original Royal Wedding,
Princess Diana and Prince Charles.
While in London we went and saw my FAVORITE broadway musical.
I had actually never seen it before but was dying to see it.
It just happened to be playing in London while we were there.
Let's just say the stars were aligned.
Tyler and the Tower Bridge, during our river cruise.
(Now for the Olympics they have the rings hanging from the top)
Tyler trying to fit in around London.
I leave you with the best picture we took in London.
I just wish Peter Pan was flying in the picture. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment