Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Goodbyes are always hard!

On Wednesday Tyler and I went to the Ogden temple to do a session. This was the last week that the Ogden Temple would be up and running for another 2-3 years. While I was there it made me think about how other members are not as blessed as we are. On Sunday our Bishop announced that we wouldn't have a set ward or stake temple night for the next few years while the temple was under construction. He also announced that the temple that we should start to attend is the Bountiful temple. How blessed we are to have a temple close for a couple years and only have to travel an extra 30-40 minutes to the next temple?! While in the temple my thoughts turned to the wonderful people of Portugal that would have 2 temple visits a year. They would travel for a week at a time and make their way to the Madrid, Spain temple that was a 8 hour drive. Last Conference, President Monson announced a new temple for Lisbon, Portugal! Once that temple is up and running, the furthest drive for members will be around 4 hours. Yet, now, members live humbly and righteously and never complain about a temple 8 hours away. Why complain? They would say...It could be worse, we used to have to travel to England or Switzerland. So in the temple I thought, why complain? It could be worse.



Yesterday was our last day student teaching. Tyler was super excited, for me it was a bittersweet moment. My first placement was 5th grade...somewhere where I felt comfortable and loved to teach. Then my second placement, was with second grade. The first couple weeks kicked my butt! I didn't know if I could make it out alive at the end of the 6 weeks. However, this last week was hard for me to say goodbye! I started a quote book of all the super cute things the little kiddos said. Now I look forward to the light at the end of the tunnel that is getting closer! 3 weeks until graduation!!!


9th grade English

8th grade US History

7th grade Utah History

How can you say goodbye to those faces?!

The real second grade class!

The class surprised me with a quilt...

...and school supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment