Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Come What May, and Love it

This weekend we were able to go and have a late night at my parents house. My mom finished her second round of chemo, and had an appointment on Wednesday. We got some good news! She is done with chemo!!!! She originally was scheduled to have 5 rounds of chemo and radiation. But her counts were all good and she was all clean so she no longer needs the chemo. She will continue with some radiation to help her hormone counts. Her medication is also lowered! So we decided to celebrate! My mom still didn't feel like going out so we grabbed some IN N OUT and stayed in. My brother and Tyler have been trying to get me to watch Lord of the Rings for the longest time now so I caved. But 45 seconds into the movie my mom and I just started making fun of all the weird stuff going on in the movie. We only got through about half of the movie and then just fast forwarded to the end. Even that seemed like an eternity. But it was still a fun night.
While we were driving home I couldn't stop thinking about how strong my mom is. She never let's a trial bother her. "Come What May, and Love it" is definately her motto. She also says, "If Heavenly Father didn't want me to have this trial He wouldn't give it to me." I look up to her so much and love her dearly. She is always smiling and loves life. She makes me appreciate everything I have, and never take anything for granted. I don't know how she does it...being diagnosed with MS 4 years ago, having breast cancer and doing chemo, and still being strong as ever. I don't know how she does it, but I'm glad she's a fighter, because I can't imagine my life without her. I love you mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment