Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Saturday Adventures...

This last Saturday I had the great opportunity of meeting up with the Andrea, who was my first baptism in Portugal. We met at Temple Square and had a tour in Portuguese. We saw EVERYTHING there is on Temple Square, even the new replica of the Salt Lake Temple, it was fabulous. We then took a tour of the Conference Center, which I haven't done in a long time, it was pretty awesome! We had lunch at the Gateway and then I met up with Tyler and we did a session at the Salt Lake Temple. It was a glorious day, I was so happy it didn't rain!

Me, Andrea, and Sheila at the Cristus. Andrea's favorite part.

Okay, so I am horrible, when we arrived at temple square I went and asked some sisters if we could get a tour in Portugal portuguese, to be able to see a specific sister. They asked if Brazilian portuguese would be okay, I didn't want to seem snotty, so I caved in and said yes. However, the whole time during our tour I kept looking around for this wonder girl, Sister Dias. Whenever we were just standing while the sisters would show or point something out to us, I would be looking around to find Sister Dias. I was in Salt Lake the week before too and Sheila and I went walking around for almost 3 hours at Temple Square trying to find her. During our tour with Andrea, I started thinking that her P-day was on Saturdays and I was just having bad luck. We were ending our tour and filling out our reference cards and I looked up and THERE SHE WAS! I hurried and filled out my card, said goodbye to the wonderful sisters, and then went and talked to my dearest Felicia! 

Since Felicia is going back to the wonderful country of Portugal soon. There is another sister from Portugal that started her mission. Sister Dantas. She is from Madeira. One of the areas that Tyler served at the end of his mission. When Tyler learned she was here we went looking for her to talk to her. It was a lot easier to find her! Tyler and Sister Dantas talked about their love for her mom's lasanga, then we off to our temple session.



3 comments:

  1. I did not know that you had a blog. I was just looking at my list that shows who has looked at mine and lo and behold I found you. I'm so excited to see what you guys have been up to. Blogs are so much better than facebook as far as seeing who is up to what. So how do you know Teri Cano?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and I love it. I love having one more way to see what my friends are up to. You guys are so cute. I was also noticing that you know Teri Cano and I'm just wondering how you know her. She and I work together and I love her to death!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blogs too! I know Teri ever since she started dating Thiago in the 9th grade. Thiago's family and my family and been really good friends since the dawn of time. Teri is so cute and awesome, I wish we cold hang out more, but now that we are old and have our own little families it hard to see each other all the time.

    ReplyDelete