We had been "dating" in a long distance relationship for 5 weeks and Tyler came down to Utah for a weekend. I didn't think anything of it. It was just supposed to be a normal weekend.
He told me he was getting to Utah on Friday evening. That day I worked and then went to the movies with my friend. We met up around 6pm and went to his uncle's house to watch National Treasure 2 with his cousins. Then on Saturday we had a spaghettiO's and grilled cheese lunch. Glorious! We went to Bell's Canyon (by cottonwood canyon) on a hike. We got there and it was kind of cloudy. Five minutes into the hike it started pouring! I wanted to go home and watch a movie, Tyler wanted us to stay a little and wait out the storm (Of course! He's from Washington!) A couple minutes later it passed and we continued on the hike. We got to the "end" where there's a big lake. We sat down and talked for a while. Tyler started taking pictures of the view and of us there.
SpaghettiO's and grilled cheese lunch
Right before he proposed.
We sat down again, and Tyler got quiet. He was playing with his camera in his pocket, I thought he just wanted to take more pictures. But then he turned to me and got serious, then he pulled out a ring and proposed. I, of course said yes, I do think that I waited a little though. After I learned the "real story" of what happened the day before, we walked back down and started calling family and friends!
The real story of the day before...Tyler had talked to my dad and sister all during that week. He drove down Thursday night and met up my dad to talk Friday morning. Then, Tyler and my sister went ring shopping. He had the ring while we were watching the movie at his uncle's house! Many people knew Tyler was going to propose. When I called people to tell them I was engaged all of them already knew! Lame!
No comments:
Post a Comment